chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Thank You!

  • From: "Janet Kagan" <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Thank You!
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:22:27 -0500

Hello CHPAC

I want to thank each of you for your significant contributions to the CHPAC.
It was impressive to review how much we have accomplished since our January
Commission meeting! As a Commission, we are poised to continue this steep
trajectory, and our hard work is both valued by the Town Council and
residents of Chapel Hill.

At last night's budget presentation to Council, Mayor Kevin Foy
congratulated the Public Arts Commission on its work over the past two
years, which has positively and profoundly effected the quality of life in
Chapel Hill. Sally Greene added that she has no doubt that the excitement
we generate about public art will increasingly affect more people once they
become engaged in CHPAC sponsored programs and initiatives as well as
encounter public art throughout our Town.

That said, we now need to contact members of the Town Council (individually
and collectively) to impress upon them the real need to allocate funds for
the administration of public art programming during FY 2004-2005. Please
let me know if I can help you - in any way - write a note or place a
telephone call to Council members on behalf of the Commission.

Let's keep aiming high and educate EVERYONE about the wonders of art.

Very best

Janet

  • [Chpac-staff] Thank You!, Janet Kagan, 02/19/2004