ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #51

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, latin-america AT creativecommons.email, “arab-world AT creativecommons.email” <arab-world AT creativecommons.email>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #51
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:43:43 +0300

Hi friends 👋🏾

Our network continues to grow week by week with new chapter activations and more scheduled meetings.

Quick overview of where we stand:

11 chapters have had meetings and elected the GNC Rep and the Chapter Lead:

  1. CC Australia (Asia Pacific)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Jessica Stevens

    2. Chapter Lead: Nicolas Suzor

  2. CC Rwanda (Africa)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Evode Mukama

    2. Chapter Lead: Evode Mukama

  3. CC Ecuador (Latin America)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Andrés Delgado-Ron

    2. Chapter Lead: Sara Bolaños

  4. CC Bangladesh (Asia Pacific)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Prof. Mostafa Azad Kamal

    2. Chapter Lead: Nasir Khan

  5. CC Bulgaria (Europe)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Siyana Lillova

    2. Chapter Lead: Ana Lazarova

  6. CC United Kingdom (Europe)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Graham Steel

    2. Chapter Lead: Kelly Foster

  7. CC Uruguay (Latin America)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Jorge Gemetto

    2. Chapter Lead: Patricia Díaz

  8. CC Taiwan (Asia Pacific)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Rock Hung

    2. Chapter Lead: Lucien Lin

  9. CC Mexico (Latin America)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Irene Soria Guzmán

    2. Chapter Lead: Iván Martínez (Former Wikimedia Mexico President)

  10. CC El Salvador (Latin America)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Evelyn del Pinal

    2. Chapter Lead: Claudia Cristiani

  11. CC Tanzania (Africa)

    1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Emmanuel Malongo

    2. Chapter Lead: Aristarik Maro

Four Chapters have scheduled meetings as follows:

  1. Jordan – July 11th, 2018

  2. Ghana – July 28th, 2018

  3. Hong Kong – August 31st, 2018

  4. Netherlands – September 14th, 2018

Many have asked me "what next after the first chapter meeting?" I'll highlight what organized chapters are looking to do in next weeks' email.

Turning to Network Platforms, I suggest you check in with them one more time this week as there's some activity in most them: The Community Development Platform had a call this past week to discuss the platform proposal and project ideas like the CC Handbook; the Copyright Reform platform is hosting a call soon - fill out this doodle poll to join in. Scann has been talking to friends at the Open Knowledge Foundation and Wikimedia Foundation about reviving the Twitter @Openglam account. I'm certain we'll have news from the CC Culture Platform in the near future.

Don't know where to start with Network Platforms? 1. Read this. 2. Hit the reply button and ask me. I'll be happy to catch you up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today: http://bit.ly/19IjSKl

  • [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #51, Simeon Oriko, 07/13/2018