ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #30

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, latin-america AT creativecommons.email, arab-world AT creativecommons.email
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #30
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 21:33:47 +0300

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

Happy new month!

So many of you have been busy this quarter laying the groundwork for your chapters - recruiting individuals and institutions as members, having consultative meetings and brainstorming projects and objectives you'd like to achieve. A lot of this is great work and I'm proud of what you've achieved so far.

In the last week, I've focused on jurisdictions that haven't had a chapter and are looking to start one, and chapters that haven't began this process or those that are just starting out.

It's normal to get many questions, emails and requests for calls from this group and while I've got a somewhat standard set of responses, I've wondered if it would be better for these groups to learn from the experiences of those who are much further ahead in the process.

It's my intention to ask a few community members to share their experiences in laying the groundwork for their chapter for the benefit of those who are just starting out.

Would you be interested in this?

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko