ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #20

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Aris Maro <aristarik AT gmail.com>
  • To: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, arab-world AT creativecommons.email, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, latin-america AT creativecommons.email
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #20
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:30:57 +0300

This is well noted Simeon, congratulations for an awesome work you are enduring for cc community.
Keep it up.

Regards

----------
ArisMaro.
Mkutubi Mwandamizi - LST
Public Lead - Creative Commons Tanzania
Mobile: +255 754 315 978, +255 788 50 99 50

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

This week I'd like to take a minute to thank many friends around the world who have taken up the responsibility of starting or restructuring inactive CC Chapters.

In the last 6 months, I've had requests from, and conversations with people from the following countries:

Africa
  • Zimbabwe
  • Zambia
  • Ghana
  • Togo
  • Côte d'Ivoire
  • Senegal
  • Cameroon
Arab world
  • Jordan
  • Qatar
Asia Pacific
  • Thailand
  • Pakistan
  • Vietnam
  • Nepal
Europe
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Albania
  • Luxembourg
Latin America
  • Mexico
  • Venezuela
That's a total of 19 countries that are working to restructure or start new CC Chapters. To all those involved, thank you. To those that would like to join and help, please reach out to me and we can get you involved as soon as possible.

I'm very grateful for your enthusiasm for CC and it's mission that is fueling the health and growth of our Global Network.

'Til next Friday y'all! ✌🏽

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko