ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #16

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Europe List <CC-Europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, latin-america AT creativecommons.email, arab-world AT creativecommons.email
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #16
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:10:51 +0300

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

What are you doing to prepare for the transition to the new Global Network Strategy?

This week I had calls with a few CC members and I learnt of a number of activities that CC Chapters around the world are engaging in as we transition into the new strategy. I thought I should share a few of these with you:

1. Tons of recruiting going on: Many individuals and teams have began reaching out to community leaders, stakeholders, local organizations aligned with CC's mission etc and they're inviting them to join their country chapter. Hi 5 to everyone doing this.

2. Chapter meetings: a number of teams have organized in person and virtual meetings for their members and they're discussing local plans and governance in light of the new Global Network strategy.

3. Local Platforms?: This week I came across an interesting idea. One chapter is toying with the idea of having local versions of CC Network Platforms.

What are you or your chapter doing during this transition phase? I'd like to know! :)

'Til next Friday y'all!

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today: http://bit.ly/19IjSKl

  • [ccAfrica] Global Network Weekly #16, Simeon Oriko, 07/28/2017