ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] CC Global Summit 2017 - Apr 28-30, 2017

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Aristarik Maro <aristarik AT gmail.com>
  • To: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] CC Global Summit 2017 - Apr 28-30, 2017
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 18:16:20 +0300

Hello Tobias,
This is mouthful information for the 2017 CC Global Summit.
Thanks

----------
ArisMaro.
Mkutubi Mwandamizi - LST
Public Lead - Creative Commons Tanzania
Mobile: +255 754 315 978, +255 788 50 99 50

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
Dear all:

please see Ryan Merkley’s message below concerning the next CC Global Summit in April 2017 in Toronto, Canada. It is great news indeed that CC is able to pull off yet another Global Summit only 1,5 years after the summit in Seoul. Internally we advocated for a bidding process (which we will hopefully return to at some point) but I think you will agree with me that the reasons put forward for not following the bidding process this time are sound. This is going to be a very exciting event - and we will communicate more about this once the event planner is on board. For those who go - and please start investigating (co-)funding opportunities on your side other than CC immediately if you wish to participate - securing a visa in time will be a priority.

Best,

Tobias

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter