ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] CC Wiki and spam

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Matt Lee <mattl AT creativecommons.org>, "gakuru AT creativecommons.org Gakuru" <gakuru AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] CC Wiki and spam
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:09:09 +0200

Dear colleagues:

in case you haven’t seen the email below from Matt Lee. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE AFFILIATE TEAMS ON THIS LIST.

I guess the question is whether it is practicable for you to apply for a cc wiki account through writing an email to info AT creativecommons.org. I wouldn’t know why this would be a problem and Alex and I are happy to oversee the process to ensure that all teams will have a working account in due time.

Please let me know if this process is a problem for you. Otherwise we just assume that this is ok.

I guess my question to Matt is whether he has a better system in mind? I guess we just follow whatever works best on your side.

Best,

Tobias
---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter
Regional Coordinator: Africa
Creative Commons

twitter: @tobyschonwetter

Make a donation to support Creative Commons in 2015: http://bit.ly/supportcc2015

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: [cc-affiliates] CC Wiki and spam
Date: 28 September 2015 at 20:18:57 PM SAST

Hey affiliates, I have some questions about CC wiki and I'd love your feedback.

Our wiki suffers, like many prominent public wikis with a spam
problem. Users make an account, and use it to post spam.

To curb this problem, we've introduced a procedure to have accounts be
verified before they can use the wiki. Ideally, this will apply to the
general public only.

What process would make it easy for affiliates and your associated
friends, colleagues, etc to get quick access to the wiki editing? The
process right now is to write to info AT creativecommons.org

---
Matt Lee
Creative Commons
Austin, TX, USA