ccafrica - [ccAfrica] CC campaign logo for merchandise

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] CC campaign logo for merchandise
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 08:40:42 +0200

Hi all:

as most of you probably know, CC recently ran a very successful t-shirt campaign lately during which almost 600 CC t-shirts were sold (see: https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/45399) The logos and t-shirts looked great but prices were a bit high for us here in Africa (especially when considering postage and customs fees), so I am not sure how many of you actually bought one or more of these t-shirts.

CC Legal has now cleared the way for making the logo available for download and use by affiliates. The logo is available in .png and .svg format. However, the use of the logo, needs to comply with CC’s Merchandising Policy: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/Merchandising

CC’ partner in this campaign, The Noun Project (https://thenounproject.com/) has in addition requested the following:
  • Please reproduce the logo in full as is, without emphasising any of the existing individual icons or changing out existing icons for other icons.
  • If you choose to publicise for sale merchandise with the design please consider finding some way to provide the attribution to those whose icons were used.
If your affiliate team is interested in using the logo (a low res versionis attached to this email), please send me an email and I will send you the logo in high resolution (.png and/or .svg format).

Best,

Tobias

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter