ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Big News for Creative Commons

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: "Dorothy K. Gordon" <director-general AT aiti-kace.com.gh>
  • To: DigAfrica <DigAfrica AT yahoogroups.com>, CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Big News for Creative Commons
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:16:52 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all

Great news from Creative Commons and Flickr.  I am really pleased with this
development as it has positive implications for Africa!

Flickr has implemented CC0 and PDM in their platform, and made the
announcement today with our support and guidance.

CC blog post: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/45355

Flickr blog post:
http://blog.flickr.net/en/2015/03/30/flickr-now-offers-public-domain-and-cc0-designations/

best regards

Dorothy K. Gordon
Director-General
Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
Mobile: 233 265005712
Direct Line: 233 302 683579
Website: www.aiti-kace.com.gh
Encrypt Everything - https://gpgtools.org https://silentcircle.com

  • [ccAfrica] Big News for Creative Commons, Dorothy K. Gordon, 03/31/2015