ccafrica - [ccAfrica] [O/T] ICT Journalists grants opportunity - African Story Challenge

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] [O/T] ICT Journalists grants opportunity - African Story Challenge
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 19:28:53 +0300

Colleagues,

Tagged this as "Out of Topic" given that it does not directly related to Creative Commons. I was invited t
the launch ceremony held this morning at the Nairobi Securities Exchange
. I was quite impressed by the objectives of the initiative. Among my interventions included suggestion of a CC- licensed ICT & Business knowledge reservouir from where journalists could conduct in-depth subject/topic research.

Come to think of it? UNESCO has a lot of relevant literature licensed under CC which could be used, remixed and used -- maybe I should not have labelled this message as [O/T] :-)

Please find attached a copy of the press release announcing the launch of a new cycle in our Pan African Journalism Competition, The African Story Challenge. This is a programme of reporting grants that awards journalists with good story ideas, up to 20,000 US Dollars for the production of their stories. Only 20 journalists are selected to receive grants per cycle, and these 20 compete for the top prize in their category, where their final published/broadcast stories are reviewed by an international judging panel. We are now accepting entries under the theme of Business and Technology. The competition is open to media houses, affiliated freelance journalists and online contributors with a demonstrable following.

Kindly share the press release with any of your members who would be interested in taking part in this competition. Applications are via our website africanstorychallenge.com .

  • [ccAfrica] [O/T] ICT Journalists grants opportunity - African Story Challenge, Alex Gakuru, 03/04/2014