ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: KEOpenEd Online Symposium report published

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: KEOpenEd Online Symposium report published
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:42:52 +0300

Dear all,

I am happy to share this message.

Regards,

Alex

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wayne Mackintosh
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Subject: KEOpenEd Online Symposium report published

Kia ora everyone! Greetings from a cold New Zealand

As promised I have published the KEOpenEd symposium report online.

The report contains links to all the resources we consulted should you need these for future reference. In the spirit of openness -- if you're not happy with the report, you can improve it by editing in the wiki :-)

The report is openly licensed so you are most welcome to share a link to the report within your networks. You are also free to reuse the content and outputs of our creative work for your own purposes.

Celebrate your achievements! The collective wisdom of Africa and South Asia is demonstrated in our well founded proposals for action -- all that is needed is for us to take the next steps in refining and implementing these ideas.

Please remember to register for the free Open Content Licensing for Educators course  (details copied below for your information.) We only have 30 registrations so far and Africa and South Asia are lagging behind :-(. I rely on your initiative to share information about this free open education capability opportunity -- I'd like to see +1000 participants from our regions.

From my desk - -A BIG thank you to all for working together in achieving an impressive result.

Working together we can make open education futures happen!

Asanti

Wayne

Details about the OCL4Ed which you can copy and distribute.

The next Open Content Licensing for Educators course will be facilitated by the UNESCO OER Chair Network in collaboration with the OER Foundation and the Commonwealth of Learning.

Open content licensing for educators (OCL4Ed) is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for educators and students who want to learn more about open education resources, copyright, and Creative Commons licenses.

RegistrationOpen
When4 - 18 September 2013.
Where: Online
Cost: Free

Reserve your seat today by registering from the course homepage.

Share the gift of knowledge and invite your friends and colleagues to join you. There is a poster you can download from this page to distribute information about this free learning opportunity.

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation

  • [ccAfrica] Fwd: KEOpenEd Online Symposium report published, Alex Gakuru, 06/18/2013