ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] Affiliate Project Grants Program Launches

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: ccafrica-oer AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] Affiliate Project Grants Program Launches
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:30:36 +0300

fyi,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Meryl Mohan <meryl AT creativecommons.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM
To: cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org

Hi all,

As Jess mentioned in an email earlier, Google has provided CC with grant money to seed the work of our global network by funding innovative affiliate and community projects over the next 9 months.

I'm excited to announce that the application process for these grants is now open for submissions through July 8. Applicants are eligible to receive $1 - $20,000 USD towards their project(s), although we encourage smaller funded projects.

Further details - including example projects, how to apply, and the selection process - can be found on the grant wiki page here: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Affiliate_Project_Grants

We are looking forward to reviewing all the exciting project ideas that come from our affiliate community. We are hoping for at least one project per region, so we strongly encourage everyone to apply with any projects they have in mind, whether small (eg writing and printing factsheets) or large (eg running a region wide series of workshops).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Meryl

--
Meryl Mohan