ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: Upcoming Creative Commons Salon in Nairobi June 6th

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: Upcoming Creative Commons Salon in Nairobi June 6th
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:35:30 +0200

FYI

From: Allison Domicone <allison AT akilidada.org>
Date: 14 May 2013 16:30:01 PM SAST

Hello CC Africa community,

I wanted to share with you that we are planning a Creative Commons Salon in Nairobi in June in partnership with Creative Commons Kenya and the Center for Intellectual Property and Information Technology, the School of Open Kenya, and the organization I work for, Akili Dada, a leadership incubator for young African women. As a former CC employee originally based at HQ in California, I'm so excited to be able to help launch what will surely be the first of many CC Salons here in Nairobi.

We'll continue to keep everyone updated, and will be sure to share photos, video, and experiences from the event that will hopefully inspire others to launch their own CC Salons as well!

The event will be held on Thursday, June 6th from 5-7:30pm.

We will be talking about using tech as a democratizing tool. Among the areas of focus will be how to deploy tech to increase gender equality and equity.

Tentatively confirmed panelists include:

Paul Kiwehlo, CC Tanzania
Bitange Ndemo, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Communications
Judith Owigar,  President of Akirachix, a network of women in technology
Wanjiru Kamau-Rutenberg, Executive Director of Akili Dada

We're thrilled that the iHub has agreed to provide the venue for the event, and the National Council for Law Reporting has generously agreed to sponsor catering.

Planning to add the event to the CC wiki soon :)

Kind regards,

Allison Domicone

--
Allison Domicone
Director of Development

  • [ccAfrica] Fwd: Upcoming Creative Commons Salon in Nairobi June 6th, Tobias Schonwetter, 05/14/2013