ccafrica - [ccAfrica] CC turns 10 and donation campaign

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] CC turns 10 and donation campaign
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:15:32 +0200

Dear CC colleagues and friends:

as you all know CC is turning 10 years old these days and it looks as if we are going to have several birthday events in Kenya, and one each on Nigeria and Uganda in the next few days. We successfully started off yesterday with a CC Braai (BBQ) event in Cape Town, South Africa. A big thanks to these country teams for literally putting Africa on the map of worldwide CC celebrations (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Events). More information about CC's birthday celebration can be found here: http://10.creativecommons.org . Please spread the word within your respective communities.

This year's birthday celebrations also coincide with the 2012 donation campaign as you can see in CC CEO Cathy Casserly's message below. Again, please spread the word on this (or even donate yourself).

Best wishes,

Tobias

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter