ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] article on music piracy in Indonesia

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: "Aurelia J. Schultz" <aurelia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Fwd: [cc-affiliates] article on music piracy in Indonesia
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:39:47 -0800

Greetings All,

Some of you have already seen this on the affiliates email list. I'm forwarding it here because I think it's valuable for everyone to see.  CC's Indonesian lead, Ari Gema was interviewed for a local paper about SOPA - the US's Stop Online Piracy Act.  He discusses copyright and piracy in the context of Indonesian society. There's a lot of parallels between Indonesia and many African countries.  I encourage everyone to have a read. The link is below.

 If anyone would like to talk to Ari about ideas for  building the CC community in similar environments, let me know.

Best,
Aurelia