cc-uk - [Cc-uk] 2 Weeks to Go

  • From: OpenBusiness Info <info AT openbusiness.cc>
  • To: Christian Ahlert <info AT openbusiness.cc>
  • Cc: Cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] 2 Weeks to Go
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:43:00 +0100

There are now 2 weeks remaining to complete the survey and go in the draw to win an iPod that you can fill up with Creative Commons licenced songs.
Thanks to everybody who has already participated!

Any UK based artists, writers and musicians among you have two weeks to complete our survey: www.deerinthewoods.com/survey/.
The survey, created with the support of the Arts Council of England, examines artists' approach to copyright and the internet.
If you want to read more about the survey feel free to visit our site and have a look: http://www.openbusiness.cc/uk/.
To see if the work that you are creating is relevant to the survey have a look at a few of our examples: www.openbusiness.cc/uk/art-gallery-2/.

We recently released a new OpenBusiness Tool that you all might be interested in: The Creative Commons Statistics Generator.
You can find the statistics generator through the front page of the OpenBusiness site or go directly to it at the following address: www.openbusiness.cc/cc_stat/.
The Statistics Generator works by querying Yahoo! for back-links to Creative Commons licences.
The number of backlinks gives insight into the amount of CC licenced works available on the Internet.
We have licenced the tool under GPL and it is available for download from the link above.

Again we would really appreciate if you could forward this anyone you know who might be interested.
Thanks again for your support and encouragement!

Kind regards,
The OpenBusiness Team
info AT openbusiness.cc

OpenBusiness
www.openbusiness.cc
The Young Foundation
18 Victoria Park Square
Bethnal Green
London E2 9PF
United Kingdom

  • [Cc-uk] 2 Weeks to Go, OpenBusiness Info, 03/27/2006