cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC licensing by minors

  • From: Jonathan Sanderson <lists AT quernstone.com>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC licensing by minors
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:49:07 +0000
On 21 Mar 2006, at 10:42, Stuart Yeates wrote:

It is not clear to me that the CC is a contract, in which case this
does not hold.

Apologies: one of the complications of the project is that the funding body and their lawyers are in London, whereas I and the pilot are in Scotland. Our intention is to use the Scottish licenses, which (as I understand it - ie. poorly) are in the form of a contract. So yes, I do need to seek legal advice about Scottish contract law as applied to minors.

Really, I'm seeking advice from anyone who's explained and enacted CC licenses with minors. There are doubtless mistakes to be made - I'd much rather make new ones!

--
Jonathan Sanderson
'If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.' (Pascal)