cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Cc-uk Digest, Vol 23, Issue 15

  • From: Jonathan Mitchell <website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info>
  • To: Creative Commons UK <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Cc-uk Digest, Vol 23, Issue 15
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:13:43 +0000

Vic Morgan isn't the first person to spam this list like this and I'm sure
he won't be the last!

The way this list (and all similar lists) works is that it isn't possible to
filter out emails like this, or emails from any particular subscriber; they
are sent on automatically. It would be possible to unsubscribe Vic, or
anyone else, from the list but only with their consent, or exceptionally by
the list administrator at cc-uk-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org .

The only constructive suggestion is that people learn from this; don't set
up automatic answering rules. If anyone else on this list has one, they're
in danger of an endless ping-pong with Vic. But please, let's not start
flaming people for getting this wrong!

Jonathan