cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Creative Commons EW Seeks Volunteers

  • From: Christian Ahlert <ca AT openbusiness.cc>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Creative Commons EW Seeks Volunteers
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:46:28 +0000

Hi all, CC Community, CC interested folk:

after the initial porting of the England and Wales Creative Commons licenses they are now out there - for nearly half a year and widely used. But much more could and needs to be done. Please Help us - its a lot of fun!

Creative Commons had a great start in England and Wales at the Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy at Oxford, and lots of thanks goes to Damian Tambini, head of the programme, but now we are moving organizationally.

From the start Creative Commons relied on a team of volunteers representing an eclectic mix of inspired lawyers, scholars, media activists and in general creative people.

Now we are finally having an office in London at the Michael Young Foundation - youngfoundation.org.uk - where we will focus on the educational, cultural and media policy related issues concerning Creative Commons, copyright, innovation and creativity in an increasingly digital world.

For those of us involved over the past 20 months it was a lot of work to get the licenses out, to get a website up and running and to finally find an office. Yet, in one word: we need your help!

What can we offer: a nice office in the East of London based at exciting foundation, which in the memory of Michael Young (founder of the Open University), fosters social entrepreneurship.

We offer virtual volunteering as well as physical internships. Both have some obvious advantages: if you are interested in helping with some website maintenance, copy writing for website, or simply have some good ideas on what we should feature on the Creative Commons EW site, pls contact us. This could be done very much virtually!

If you are more enthused about Creative Commons and want to help building an organization which can support what I call for lack of a better phrase "Open Culture" you could come more regularly to the foundation. We would offer training and a nice office, as well as lots of room to implement ideas.

Currently we seek people who could help with organizing events - one remixing event with a gallery and kids is planned for ie - fundraising, or specific research projects we have created. One example is: Openbusiness.cc

If you are more interested in the legal side of things please contact: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos@socio-legal- studies.oxford.ac.uk>

If you are interested in the above, or want to become more involved pls write to me

Christian Ahlert
public project lead Creative Commons EW

  • [Cc-uk] Creative Commons EW Seeks Volunteers, Christian Ahlert, 11/14/2005