cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] John Coffin memorial lecture on history of the book released under CC license

  • From: John Howkins <john AT johnhowkins.com>
  • To: UK FreeCulture Discuss List <fc-uk-discuss AT lists.okfn.org>
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] John Coffin memorial lecture on history of the book released under CC license
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:10:18 +0100

In case people are interested (and with apologies to any cross-posting)

The RSA will be launching its Intellectual Property Charter (under a new
name) on Thursday 13 October at the RSA, 8 John Adam Street, off the Strand,
London 6-7.30pm.

The charter lays out policy principles for creativity, innovation and
intellectual property and provides a public interest test for IP law.

Background, inc a list of the Commission members, can be found at
www.ipcharter.org.

Keynote speakers will include John Sulston, Nobel Laureate who mapped the
human genome; James Boyle, Professor of Law at Duke Uni and Board member,
Creative Commons; as well as Cory Doctorow, EFF, and Lynne Brindley, CEO
British Library.

It's an open meeting, and free; but please if you can reserve a ticket via
mairi.ryan AT rsa.org.uk; or via me john AT johnhowkins.com.

Thanks John