cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Licensing Beer :)

  • From: Marieke Guy <m.guy AT ukoln.ac.uk>
  • To: dhirst AT pavilion.co.uk
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Licensing Beer :)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:56:44 +0100

The Web site (http://www.voresoel.dk/main.php?id=70) says:

"Why beer?

Why not? We all like beer, and as an added bonus there is a legendary quote used to explain the concept of free software (now usually referred to as open source software):

"Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech", not as in "free beer".

We think that our open source beer is a nice twist on this quote, and we think it is interesting to see if our beer grows stronger in out in the free and perhaps one day becomes the Linux of beers. Who knows?"

Could get confusing!
;-)

Marieke

David Hirst wrote:
So Free as in Free Beer as well as Free as in Free Speech.

David Hirst
!-!?!-Hirst Solutions Limited
Mobile +44 7831 405443
Home/Office +44 1273 570113