cc-uk - [Cc-uk] fyi

  • From: "David M. Berry" <d.berry AT sussex.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] fyi
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:31:35 +0100

Thought you might be interested...

- David

---

We are a group of artists, researchers and academics -some of whom are based at Chelsea College of Art and Design- who are working towards.............

an OpenCongress that seeks to understand how methodologies derived from Free/Libre and Open Source Software [FLOSS] production can be deployed by those working in the area of art, visual culture and cultural production in general

The OpenCongress aims to explore how FLOSS inspired practices challenge the ruling paradigms of production and knowledge; particularly conventional practices of authorship, ownership and distribution.

We aim to address these questions through an innovative form of ‘congress’ - which will itself will be ‘open source’ in its form and structure...........

The congress will be held at Tate Britain, Millbank London on the 7th and 8th October 2005

  • [Cc-uk] fyi, David M. Berry, 07/15/2005