cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Re: [Creative-friends] Creative Archive

  • From: "J. Grant" <jg AT jguk.org>
  • To: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • Cc: cc-uk <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Creative Friends <creative-friends AT lists.essential.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Re: [Creative-friends] Creative Archive
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:25:17 +0100

[..]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,1456488,00.html

CA launches on Wednesday, apparently.

Very interesting.

I wonder if any of the content will be in an accessible form though?
These days access is only the first hurdle, I consider many media
vendors only providing content in inaccessible forms to be the second
outstanding issue to be resolved. ([1] ITN, British Pathe, Reuters,
Fox and Granada) ([2] BBC News Player)

It sounds as though Digital Restrictions are not required, (on-top of
often already obfuscated content). I am pleased the BBC's Ashley
Highfield did not get his way on that point Re BBC C.A.

Kind regards
JG