cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Remix Reading launch proposal

  • From: Edward <lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Remix Reading launch proposal
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:23:04 +0000

Hello,

We have been putting out a launch proposal to artists all around Reading and the UK. You may have noticed that Remix Reading was even on Boing Boing the other day (http://www.boingboing.net/2005/01/23/remix_reading_cclice.html). Anyway, I have attached the proposal below so please have a look and send us your suggestions.

Thanks,

Edward

Remix Reading (www.remixreading.org – the site is much quicker now) is
putting on a eclectic launch event on 1st March in South Street arts
centre, which will involve a press conference, an art exhibition,
workshops, open recording sessions, an open mic stage, poetry readings,
film showings and some big acts to finish off the night. But we need you
to make this one-off evening even better.

Organising the event is a volunteer effort, and we have plenty of gaps
that can be filled by your great ideas. We'll have 1hr 30mins after the
press conference (i.e. from 5.30pm-7pm) for workshops, demonstrations,
live art happenings, open recording and anything else you can think of.

We are also looking for artists to provide their work on the night. If
you'd like to have your painting exhibited, your film screened, to perform
your music or recite a poem or story at a unique community event, this is your
chance. Just add your work to the Remix Reading web site before the night,
and send us an email with your phone number offering your work. If it's an
image make sure you have an original copy that can be displayed (we might
be able to print it for you if need be), and if it's a video please
include details of the length and format.

You can see what we have planned for the evening so far, including ideas
for the workshop space, on this page:

http://wiki.remixreading.org/index.php/LaunchEvent

We look forward to hearing from you/seeing you perform,

Remix Reading Team
www.remixreading.org
rreading AT ibiblio.org

P.S. Please forward this email onto anyone else who might be interested.