cc-uk - [Cc-uk] A draft for the weekend [5.01 rfc]

  • From: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] A draft for the weekend [5.01 rfc]
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:04:59 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

We have made further changes, together with the iCC team, to produce the
version of the draft licence that you may find attached.

The following issues remain to be resolved:
(a) The “bare licence” issue: many of you have already raised the
question
of whether this is an agreement or a bare licence. Lessig was explicit in a
meeting we had in Oxford in late May 2004 that the intention is the CC
licences
to be bare licences rather than agreements/ contracts. The BBC’s wording of
the
CA licence indicates that it may be an agreement/contract rather than a bare
licence. I will clarify the issue with the BBC legal team and resolve it
ASAP.
(b) Waiving the integrity right: iCC is considering whether there should
be
a separate IN (i.e. integrity) Licence Element. Our position in relation to
the
CC-UK licences is to explicitly waive it for clarity and certainty reasons
and
iCC seems to be fine with it, but the question of whether there should be an
IN
Licence Element remains open. We are also interested in your comments on the
wording of the waiver clause.
(c) Regarding section 7.1.: It may not be possible to remove this clause
before CC takes such a decision for version 3.0 of the CC licences, but I
will
raise the point with the iCC team.
(d) Could you please state particular reasons why there may be an
incompatibility in relation to clause 2.6 (Collecting Societies) between the
CC-
UK licence and the original CC licences?

I am looking forward for your comments (and the weekend to come) ;-)

Best,
pRo