cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] New licences and the Integrity right

  • From: Cory Doctorow <doctorow AT craphound.com>
  • To: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] New licences and the Integrity right
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:19:20 +0100

Again, much cleaner and better than previous versions; it's clear that there's progress being made here. You should be proud of yourself, Prodromos!

One note:

The license doesn't define DRM technology and probably should; I'd opt for calling it "use-restriction technology" and note that in some cases, vendors refer to this as "digitl rights management." The term DRM is rightly contentious, and while vocabulary wars can be tiresome, it's worth making an effort when it costs so little to do so.