cc-se - [Cc-se] Current activities CC se

cc-se AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of iCommons Sweden licenses

  • From: Mirko Lindner <vegyraupe AT gmx.de>
  • To: cc-se AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-se] Current activities CC se
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:24:51 +0200

Hi all,

sorry for the long silence. We have been rather busy with different things and I wanted to give you a quick update on a number of them.

CC 3.0 draft release
Mathias and Kalle got together and worked quite hard and managed to release a draft version of the Creative Commons Licenses Version 3.0 .
The draft version can be found at http://www.creativecommons.se/drafts/ and the corresponding announcement at http://www.creativecommons.se/2008/08/21/version-30-for-kommentar/ .

CC SE logo
We have a logo proposal for a more local version of the CC SE logo and it was send to the CCi for review and we are eagerly awaiting the response and will notify you as soon as it is approved.

Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit (www.fscons.org)
FSCONS 2008, from October 24th to 26th, at the IT University in Gothenburg was Mirko's main task over the past couple of months.
The schedule includes, among many others, speeches from John Buckman (magnatune), Mike Linksvayer (VP Creative Commons) as well as Victore Stone of ccMixter.
The full program can be found at http://fscons.org/schedule/ .
Entrance fees start at 40€ for students and 120€ for supporters (see http://fscons.org/registration/). Other discounts are available upon request ( send a mail to adm AT fscons.org).
Early bird registration (80€) is available till september 15th (3 days remaining).
The FSCONS team is also looking for volunteers to help at the event and for help with spreading the word (see http://fscons.org/volunteer/ and http://fscons.org/promote/ respectively).

European Social Forum (www.esf2008.se)
The eruopean social forum takes place from sept. 17th to 21st in Malmö.
The coordinator of the media center at the esf plans to publish all contents under a Creative Commons license. As the event is expected to attract more than 20 000 people the amount of media files gathered will be massive.
a quick overview:

28 locations
117 Babel ALIS systems on boothes / tables
216 Babel / ALIS activities
290 approx total activities (other types do not have ALIS, perhaps Babels)
approx 500+ Babel volunteers
unknown number of languages
approx 936 audio streams across 216 sessions

Because of the huge task at hand they asked Creative Commons Sweden if we could help them. Mirko is going to be present at ESF and will help and we wanted to ask whether any of you planned to attend ESF and if you would be willing to help the ESF media team. If you are interested please contact mirko at mirko AT creativecommons.se .

If you have any ideas, comments or general inquiries don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Regards,

/mirko
Public Coordinator Creative Commons Sweden

--

Feel Free @ FSCONS 2008
What? Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit

  • [Cc-se] Current activities CC se, Mirko Lindner, 09/13/2008