cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] Original Works?

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: mark / negativland <markhosler AT charter.net>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] Original Works?
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 23:21:31 -0700

At 11:11 AM -0400 5/23/03, Sarah Brown wrote:

b. to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly,
perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio
transmission, Your Derivative Work(s).

Do you need to add language that would allow one to sell their
original Derivative Work?

Meaning, if I made a collage and wanted to sell it at a gallery, it
doesn't seem like this licence would permit it. It would allow me to
sell *copies* of my collage, but doesn't say anything about the
original.

Good point! We missed that detail, since we have been focused on this stuff in relation to mass produced collage art. Maybe a slight change or extra wording would fix this? What do the lawyers say?

Mark

Attachment converted: 12 GiggleByte drive:Untitled (????/----) (0002DC5D)