cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Data Journalism Handbook

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Data Journalism Handbook
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 03:18:01 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Just had a skim of some of the info about the changes in 4.0 (catching
up on emails backwards ;) Thanks to everyone who contributed to this
work.

After following a few links from the comments on the announcement blog
post, I stumbled onto this:
http://datajournalismhandbook.org/

Hei kōnā
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
- .ISOcrates

"Voting... is the next to last refuge of the politically impotent. The
last refuge is, of course, giving your opinion to a pollster, who will
get a version of it through a dessicated question, and then will
submerge it in a Niagra of similar opinions, and convert them into -
what else? - another piece of news. Thus, we have here a great loop of
impotence: The news elicits from you a variety of opinions about which
you can do nothing except to offer them as more news, about which you
can do nothing."
- Neil Postman, 'Amusing Ourselves To Death'

  • [Cc-nz] Data Journalism Handbook, Danyl Strype, 12/27/2013