cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Open Access Week

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Open Access Week
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 21:02:05 +0000

Thanks Hamish. A direct link to the meat of the draft Canadian policy:
http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/46068.html#5

If this goes through, there will OA policies (of one kind or another) from
major funding bodies in the EU, UK, US, Canada and Australia.

It's worth pointing out that the Canadian OA draft policy does not mandate
libre, i.e. openly licensed, OA.

Incidentally, the need for libre OA -- as well as the importance of
institutional repositories for the success of OA -- is covered by our own
Fabiana Kubke in the latest OA week post:
http://creativecommons.org.nz/2013/10/the-need-for-libre-open-access/

Cheers,
Matt