cc-nz - [Cc-nz] NZ On Air releases responses to online rights paper

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] NZ On Air releases responses to online rights paper
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 23:46:30 +0000

Hi all,

NZ On Air have just released the responses to its online rights paper, including the response I wrote on behalf of CCANZ: http://www.nzonair.govt.nz/news/newspressreleases/pressrelease_2013_05_03.aspx

Most of the responses were from industry groups, though both CCANZ and the University of Otago—via Richard White—supported the move to increase public access to publicly funded culture.

Interestingly, NZ On Air also goes out of its way to emphasise NZGOAL, which is great to see (though it suggests that access isn’t the focus of NZGOAL, which isn’t quite right).

I’m going to post our response on the CCANZ site now. Please comment & critique: I feel like CCANZ should continue to have a presence in these sorts of debates, though I’m interested to hear any community responses, for or against.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi
A place for knowledge and excellence

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.

  • [Cc-nz] NZ On Air releases responses to online rights paper, Matt McGregor, 05/02/2013