cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] FASTR Introduced in US Congress

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] FASTR Introduced in US Congress
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 19:20:11 +1300

Kia ora koutou

>> I’d be interested if anyone has any insights into the likelihood of this
>> getting through. <<

Me too. Also any insights into the likelihood of getting a similar
legislation passed here. It seems like a reasonably easy sell
politically; the outputs of research paid for by the public should be
available to the public. Like the data released under NZ GOAL, this
could benefit not only the general public and researchers themselves,
but organisations of all kinds, whether governmental or
non-governmental, and for-profit or not-for-profit.

Hei kōnā
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
- .ISOcrates

"Uncomfortable alliances are not just necessary; they reflect and
speak to the tremendous possibility of our political moment."
- Harmony Goldberg and Joshua Kahn Russell
http://www.nationofchange.org/new-radical-alliances-new-era-1337004193

"Both Marxists and Chicago-school libertarian economists can agree
that free software is the best model."
- Keith C Curtis
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?page_id=407

  • Re: [Cc-nz] FASTR Introduced in US Congress, Danyl Strype, 03/01/2013