cc-nz - [Cc-nz] An ironic example of permission-based culture

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] An ironic example of permission-based culture
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:07:13 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Hope you are all enjoying your summer breaks and activities. I was
just looking at the website of the RadioNZ Sound Archive, which told
me:
"Permission of Sound Archives must be obtained before any re-use of
this material."

Fair enough, I thought, and clicked on the 'permission' link, to see
what sort of process is involved in getting permission. Sadly, I was
taken to a login screen, and told:
(screenshot attached)

All of this palaver could be avoided with the use of a CC license.
What a great technology! :)

Ngā mihi o te raumati
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
- .ISOcrates

"Uncomfortable alliances are not just necessary; they reflect and
speak to the tremendous possibility of our political moment."
- Harmony Goldberg and Joshua Kahn Russell
http://www.nationofchange.org/new-radical-alliances-new-era-1337004193

"Both Marxists and Chicago-school libertarian economists can agree
that free software is the best model."
- Keith C Curtis
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?page_id=407

  • [Cc-nz] An ironic example of permission-based culture, Danyl Strype, 01/11/2013