cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Open Research Conference in Auckland Feb 6-8

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Open Research Conference in Auckland Feb 6-8
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:25:43 +1300

Dear CC Community,

In February last year a group of researchers committed to bring an Open Research conference to  Australia and New Zealand. We can now confirm a 3 day event on 6-8 February 2013 will be held in Auckland. The purpose of the Open Research Conference is to explore new, open models of research that speed up the effective transfer of research outputs and improve economic, environmental and social impacts in the New Zealand and Australian contexts. The conference consists of a series of panel discussions on February 6, followed by a bar camp on February 7. A smaller group will meet on February 8 to draft of a document that outlines the principles of Open Research for researchers, institutions and funding bodies to use in NZ and Australia. (website: https://sites.google.com/site/nzauopenresearch/)

I am writing to all of you hoping you will consider attending The format is highly participatory, with led discussions on day 1 and a participant-generated programme on Day 2 which will be put together as issues needing more focused and in-depth discussion are identified. I think that the room would benefit from your insights and experience, and we hope that you will be able to attend. Please feel free to forward this invitation to others that might be interested in attending

You can register by visiting this page https://sites.google.com/site/nzauopenresearch/register

Cheers

Fabiana

--
M Fabiana Kubke

Department of Anatomy | University of Auckland | New Zealand
(+64) 9 373-7599 Ext 86002 | (+64)9 923 6002 (direct) | Mobile: (+64) 210 437 121

Skype: superfabs | http://twitter.com/Kubke | http://identi.ca/kubke | http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com | http://sciblogs.co.nz/building-blogs-of-science | http://popscinz.wordpress.com | http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com

  • [Cc-nz] Open Research Conference in Auckland Feb 6-8, Fabiana Kubke, 01/09/2013