cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Case Studies; CCANZ update

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Ian Thomson <ithomson.nz AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Case Studies; CCANZ update
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:04:27 +1200

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for this great update. Congratulations on a good start and best wishes for your work

Ian

On 29 May 2012 10:46, Matt McGregor <mcgma709 AT gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick (ish) message to update you all on what I'll be doing over the next few months.  As you all know, the general CCANZ plan (AKA 'Roadmap') can be found here:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/New_Zealand  Below you can find some specific points on what I'll be doing:

Education: I'll hopefully be working with the MoE to give workshops and support to schools with CC and OER policies; I've already begun to reach out to teachers about the use of CC in the school and in the classroom.  The NetHui meeting is gaining steam (FYI, Thursday July 12) and will also cover OER, though in tertiary education.  I'll also be aiming to push, post-Nethui, to see what I can do with universities or departments regarding CC.  I know some folks in Media Studies, so that might be a good place to start.  My purely anecdotal experience is that there's a lot of good feeling among academics towards CC, though this is coupled with the usual confusion/intimidation.