cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Permaculture OER - full steam ahead!

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Permaculture OER - full steam ahead!
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 16:21:27 +1200

Kia ora koutou

I'll also be doing the OCL4Ed this year, and encouraging other
permaculture educators to do the same. Some of you may remember I
posted a few months back that I intended to promote CC and OER at the
Australasian Permaculture Convergence in April. Here's the proposal I
have passed on to the Permaculture Educators Group (I hope this is
useful as a template for OER proposals to educators in other fields):
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/permaculture/a-growing-commons

At that hui, I joined the governing council of Permaculture in NZ, and
had a number of conversations about a major redesign of the PINZ
website at www.permaculture.org. Since then, I've been in touch with
Chris Watkins of Appropedia.org, a CC-BY-SA licensed wiki on
appropriate technology and sustainable development. Appropedia intend
to host a permaculture uber-wiki, working with Sophie Novack and Evan
Schoepke of Open Source Permaculture, which recently concluded a
successful crowdfunding round on IndieGoGo. Go collaboration!

Thanks to CC-BY-SA, materials from existing permaculture wiki projects
on WikiEducator and WikiVersity can be freely ported to this new wiki.
Also, new materials developed for this new wiki can be ported back to
the existing wiki. Refine, re-mix, recycle!

If anyone would like to chat about this project (or anything else), I
intend to be at the Dunedin Linux Users Group meeting tonight, at the
Duke of Wellington bar (1 Queens Gardens).

Ngā mihi mahana
Strypey

BTW Wayne, this page is overdue for an update ;)
http://wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator_version_one/License/License_compatibility

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"freedom is participation in power.”
- Cicero

"Allowing the university to be turned into the tool of business is
allowing it to be corrupted."
- Richard Stallman
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/Stallman.xml

"There is tenderness only in the coarsest demand: that no-one should
go hungry any more. That children go hungry, that they will be cold
and starving, and uncared for this winter, right here in New York,
condemns every fine word said in favor of the current social order by
the sock puppets whose fine, well paid job it is to find excuses for
it."
- Theodor Adorno

  • [Cc-nz] Permaculture OER - full steam ahead!, Danyl Strype, 05/23/2012