cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Introducing new Creative Commons Aotearoa Panel Members

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Introducing new Creative Commons Aotearoa Panel Members
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:48:19 +1300

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to some new Members on the Creative Commons Aotearoa Advisory Panel.

Ilkka Havukkala, a patent examiner for IPONZ with a special interest in linked open data and alternative licensing/publication models for biological scientists. Hinerangi Himiona, who brings experience in archives management and research, mainly in areas relating to Maori history, taonga, whakapapa and land. Professor Anne Fitzgerald from Queensland University of Technology and CC Australia. And Danny Butt, a writer, teacher and consultant on culture and technology, with substantial experience in intellectual property issues affecting the creative sector.

The Panel will hold its 5th meeting on 1 November since the inaugural gathering in August 2010. Please feel free to indicate any issues important to you for consideration - you can read up on what the project has been up to and what we've discussed, here on the project wiki.

Submit your thoughts in this thread, to me directly via admin AT creativecommons.org.nz  (or at the Wellington Meetup this Friday!), or by tweeting @cc_aotearoa.

A huge thanks goes out to everyone who has helped across a range of sectors since the project's inception. May we continue to collaborate.

All the best
Jane

  • [Cc-nz] Introducing new Creative Commons Aotearoa Panel Members, Jane Hornibrook, 10/26/2011