cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons Kiwi

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons Kiwi
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:01:46 +1200

Kia ora

He mihi nui ki ngā kaimahi o te ccKiwi.
Big ups to everyone who worked on the ccKiwi video, great idea to
mashup the classic icon of the TV Kiwi ;)

On 6 July 2011 12:32, Wayne wrote:
>> Let the remix begin.

Definitely. I'd like to see the video available using open formats like WebM;
http://www.webmproject.org/about/

...and Ogg Theora:
http://www.theora.org/

Also, I'm trying to download the video from Vimeo, and it's taking an
age. Does anyone know who to seed a torrent? Having a .torrent file
for the video as a download option on cc.org.nz would be handy.

Hei kōnā

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"The content industry has done a good job convincing the world that
the internet will enable what they call 'piracy' That has obscured the
fact that the internet will also enable an extraordinary potential for
creativity. And it has obscured the fact that the weapons they use to
eradicate 'piracy' will also destroy the environment for this
'creativity.' They spray DDT to kill a gnat. We say: 'Silent Spring.'"
_Lawrence Lessig
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/digitalmedia/lessig.htm

"Allowing the university to be turned into the tool of business is
allowing it to be corrupted."
Richard Stallman
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/Stallman.xml