cc-nz - [Cc-nz] New NZGOAL website and Creative Commons Meetup this Thursday 30 June

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] New NZGOAL website and Creative Commons Meetup this Thursday 30 June
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:38:23 +1200

Hi everyone

I'm very pleased to announce that Department of Internal Affairs staff working on the New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework initiative have developed a great new website which automates the 'review and release' process that government agencies should go through when releasing their copyright work for reuse. A cornerstone of the NZGOAL framework are the Creative Commons licences, with the Attribution licence being recommended as the default licence when using NZGOAL.

In plainer words, the new website walks people through the process of applying CC to government materials. It also has useful 'quick guides' and answers to commons questions too. Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand are proud custodians of the site. Check it out at http://nzgoal.info/

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you this Thursday evening in Auckland for the Creative Commons Meetup. The meetup is being held as an associated event of NetHui, but you don't have to be registered for NetHui to come along to this free event. We'll be launching a fabulous new Creative Commons animated video for New Zealanders and hearing from CC users in the education, creative arts and open data arenas.

Details: THURSDAY 30 June 2011, 5.30-6.30pm at NetHui 2011, SkyCity Convention Centre, Auckland

RSVP to admin AT creativecommons.org.nz or reply to me directly if you're planning on attending. See more information about the event at http://nethui.org.nz/events

- Jane

  • [Cc-nz] New NZGOAL website and Creative Commons Meetup this Thursday 30 June, Jane Hornibrook, 06/26/2011