cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Distributed Launch Event for New CC ANZ video?

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Distributed Launch Event for New CC ANZ video?
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:57:32 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Jane writes:
>> What can we do together as a CC community? When our video is ready for
>> launch it would be fabulous for list followers to circulate it far and
>> wide. <<

When the Aotearoa Indymedia network had a number of active local
groups, they used to organise public screenings of timely activist
documentaries in each centre where there was a group. Perhaps we could
look at putting on some launch events for the new CC video in a
similar fashion? This would be both a promotional opportunity, and a
chance to get together face-to-face with other CC supporters for
brainstorming and networking. Where could certainly do something here
in Te Whanganui-a-Tara, and from the response to the meetings I
initiated in Te Wai Pounamu last year, I reckon we might be able to
get events happening in Ótautahi (ChCh) and Ótepoti (DnDn), and maybe
one in Waikato? I imagine Tamaki Makaurau would be a goer too. Anyone
on this list willing to initiate something in other centres?

Jane, to make this happen, we would need some advance warning of when
the video will be ready to launch. Can you give us any details on
that?

Also, just catching up with emails to the cc-nz list from the summer,
while I was out of town. A couple of points:

Mix and Mash:
Jane, is there a website where we can view all the winners, or even
all the entrants?

OER University
Wayne, this is a fantastic initiative. I have been known to refer to
the net as the 'University of Planet Earth', and I've come across
other projects to create a decentralised higher learning academy that
can offer the same rigour and credibility of grading as traditional
universities. One that springs immediately to mind is:
http://www.gaiauniversity.org/

Hei kóná
Danyl

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"Business would like to be the definition of what is thinkable and
what is reasonable, and what's desirable. And anyone who doesn't agree
they would of course say is radical."
http://www.pigdog.org/interviews/stallman/interview_with_stallman2.html

"Allowing the university to be turned into the tool of business is
allowing it to be corrupted."
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/Stallman.xml

- Both quotes by Richard Stallman

  • [Cc-nz] Distributed Launch Event for New CC ANZ video?, Danyl Strype, 05/26/2011