cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Support for open content licensing in education

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Support for open content licensing in education
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:08:43 +1300

Here's message from Wayne Mactintosh from the OER Foundation about a collaborative initiative in the education sector which was posted some other lists this afternoon. Thanks Wayne, I've pasted it down below here. Please do join CC New Zealand and participate or and keep abreast if this is your area.

Regards
Jane

=====================================

Hi Everyone,

Members of this list may be interested in joining the OER Foundation, the OpenCourseWare Consortium, Creative Commoners and UNESCO (Apia Office) in developing OER guidelines for educators to take informed decisions on open content licenses. We held a virtual meeting today to confirm consensus on the project plan.

This is a great opportunity to experience a live international OER collaboration producing resources which you can reuse and remix for implementation at your own institution.

Already 14 countries are participating.

If you're interested:

Working together we can achieve more than working alone.

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.