cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Travel funding sought to present at Free Culture Research Conference 2010

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NZOSS Open Discussion List <openchat AT lists.nzoss.org.nz>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Travel funding sought to present at Free Culture Research Conference 2010
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:38:28 +1200

Tēnā koutou

I recently learned that my paper proposal for the Free Culture
Research Conference 2010 in Berlin has been accepted. My paper will
explore the parallels and differences between the social movements and
collaborative practices around open source/ free software and those
around organics/ permaculture, between software patents and life
patents, and between proprietary software and genetically modified
organisms as applications of information technology.

I would very much like to attend the conference in Berlin in October,
and present my paper in person, but unfortunately I am not in paid
employment, or supported by an institution, so I don't have the funds
to pay for the travel myself. If anyone has any suggestions for
patrons or funding bodies who might be willing to help with my travel
to this conference, I would be most grateful. Obviously I would be
happy to give due recognition to any funder or sponsor.

I can be contacted by email, or cell phone (021 11 77 578).

Kia ora
Danyl Strype

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

"But libertarians do not defend the right of people to smash holes
in the hull of a crowded ship, or to let off bombs in city centres.
Freedom does not include
the freedom to trash the habitat we all depend on for survival."
- Johann Hari, the Independent, 5.9.06