cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Technical Communicators Association NZ

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Technical Communicators Association NZ
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:26:48 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Is anyone on this list part of the Technical Communicators Association
of NZ? Seems to me people writing documentation would be a good sector
to link with in some way. They are having a conference, in Sept of
this year. I wonder if it would be possible to do a presentation or a
workshop on CC at it?

http://www.tcanz.org.nz/Events/TCANZ+Conference+2010.html

"We'd like to invite you to our 2010 Conference, which has the theme
of Intranet solutions: Delivering information – enhancing
communication.

TCANZ conferences offer a great opportunity to meet other
professionals, share ideas and build networks. Our presenters will use
intranets as their main focus but will address a wide range of issues
- helpful to anyone who has to:

* develop high-quality information products, intranet or web content
* manage projects
* choose and use tools
* deal with version and quality control
* wrestle information from subject matter experts, and
* consider the implications of wikis and Google to our profession,
to name just a few issues.

On Wednesday, 1 September, we are running two half-day workshops
facilitated by two of our presenters - Ann Rockley and Patrick
Hofmann."

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

"But libertarians do not defend the right of people to smash holes
in the hull of a crowded ship, or to let off bombs in city centres.
Freedom does not include
the freedom to trash the habitat we all depend on for survival."
- Johann Hari, the Independent, 5.9.06

  • [Cc-nz] Technical Communicators Association NZ, Danyl Strype, 06/16/2010