cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Supporting Creative Commons across the world

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Supporting Creative Commons across the world
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:44:34 +1200

Hi all,

The following info is up on the CCANZ website. There are many exciting and worthy applicants listed already, and we need your help to fundraise for them!

- Jane

Creative Commons is currently fundraising for the new Catalyst Grants program to enable applicants within the global CC community to invest in valuable new work. Here's out how you can contribute or apply for a grant ...

As a supporter of Creative Commons, you recognise the importance of what we do to make knowledge easily, freely, and legally available to everyone.

We are excited to announce the Catalyst Grants program, through which we will be awarding grants of $1000 to $10,000 to researchers, educators and technologists around the world. Grant recipients will be selected through a rigorous public review and transparent evaluation process involving representatives from CC’s affiliate institutions.

Catalyst Grants will make it possible for individuals and organisations to harness the power of Creative Commons. A grant might enable a group in a developing country to research how Open Educational Resources can positively impact its community. Another could pay for a programmer to add CC license support to tools for publishing and distributing news. A third could fund a study of entrepreneurs using Creative Commons licenses to create a new class of socially responsible businesses.

But we can’t do it without your help. Our goal is to raise $100,000 from CC supporters like you to fund the Catalyst Grants. Please donate today to help spread our mission of openness and innovation across cultural and national boundaries.

--
Jane Hornibrook
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand

  • [Cc-nz] Supporting Creative Commons across the world, Jane Hornibrook, 06/10/2010