cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Meet-up in Otautahi/ ChCh?

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Danyl Strype" <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Meet-up in Otautahi/ ChCh?
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:57:38 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Ko te mea tuatahi, he mihi nui tenei ki te whanau o Paul Reynolds. He tino pouri te paanui o tona haere ki te hunga mate. Ka hinga te totara i te wao nui a Tane. Haere nga mate, haere, haere, haere mai ra.

Firstly, best wishes to the family and friends on Paul Reynolds. I am sad to hear of his passing. A Totara of the great forest of Tane has fallen. Go in peace, Paul to the place of your ancestors.

Tuarua, te hunga ora ki a tatou te hunga ora.

So it falls to the rest of us to continue Paul's work. On that note, is there anyone based in Otautahi who is keen to meet up to talk about CC Aotearoa, and other free culture matters? I'm now settled in down here, and I'll be based here until I return to Te Whanganui-a-Tara (Well) in 2-3 months.

The kind folk at E-Gressive are providing me with hot desk facilities while I'm here, and I intend to spend at least a couple of days a week at their office. This will give me time and space to focus on CC and other free culture work, and I can easily pop out to meet people for a cuppa. I'm also happy to facilitate a more formal group meet-up if there is interest.

Korero mai!
He mihi mahana ki a koutou
Danyl

--
"A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind."
- Dr Suess

http://strypey.orconhosting.net.nz/contacts.html

  • [Cc-nz] Meet-up in Otautahi/ ChCh?, Danyl Strype, 05/28/2010