cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Oz budget under CC

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com" <cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Oz budget under CC
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:17:50 +1000

Those interested in open PSI will be excited to know that the Australian budget delivered last night was released under a Creative Commons Attribution licence.

Following the strong support for open access in the government's response to the Gov 2.0 report last week, this is a great show of the government putting its money where its mouth is (sorry, I couldn't resist). In fact, the last week has seen the release of three major Federal Government reports - the Budget, the Gov 2.0 response and the NBN Implementation Study - all under CC licences. This seems to be a great indicator that the government really means what it says - open access is going to be the default position for the Australian Federal Government from now on.

I’d love to see an artistic mashup of the budget document – anyone?

Jessica Coates

Project Manager

Creative Commons Australia

  • [Cc-nz] Oz budget under CC, Jessica Coates, 05/11/2010