cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Australian public broadcaster releases first material under CC

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "asia-commons AT googlegroups.com" <asia-commons AT googlegroups.com>, "wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org" <wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Australian public broadcaster releases first material under CC
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:54:41 +1000

A couple of days ago the ABC's excellent collaborative media site, Pool, posted a recording of genetics professor Steve Jones talking about Darwin’s life and work under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial licence. As far as we're aware, this is the very first time material from the ABC archives has been released under a Creative Commons licence.

And this is just the beginning. Pool plans to release a whole series of ABC archival materials that for remixing as part of its its Gene Pool project.

We're all very excited here at CCau. The ABC has, almost without question, the largest historical audiovisual archive in Australia. Just think what we can do with it.

Read more about it at CCau here: http://creativecommons.org.au/node/211

Or on Pool itself: http://pool.org.au/blog/pool_team/gene_pool_launch_and_open_archives_release.

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic
Queensland University of Technology

ph: 07 3138 8301
fax: 07 3138 9395
email: j2.coates AT qut.edu.au

  • [Cc-nz] Australian public broadcaster releases first material under CC, Jessica Coates, 02/17/2009