cc-nz - [Cc-nz] what you can do with a US$57 and a cell phone camera - start a social movement

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul.reynolds AT mcgovern.co.nz>
  • To: <nz-libs AT lists.vuw.ac.nz>, "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <schoollib AT it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] what you can do with a US$57 and a cell phone camera - start a social movement
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:08:07 +1300

Title: what you can do with a US$57 and a cell phone camera - start a social movement

The State Library of Victoria has this amazing space they call Experimedia

In it there is the latest television and film editing software.

 http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/about/visiting/spaces/experimedia/index.html

It’s a fabulous resource and is used by  loads of the Melbourne creative community.

“Mankind is No Island”

This project is at the other end of the spectrum i t was shot in New York and Sydney, entirely on a cell phone with a budget of $57.

What you can do with US$57

Makes me think what could the public library network community in NZ do  if we all started thinking about  helping people, especially school students,  how to edit and post out to the web 2.0 ecology.

And are our schools already doing this and what can the creative community who cluster around the creative commons mailing  do to help?

And how would we start this?

And it being Friday, I thought I might share this
question/musing .

Want to see the US$57 video   got 10 minutes on a Friday to be inspired ?
ee story and link on

www.peoplepoints.co.nz

p.

paul reynolds

mcgovern online

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)

po box 3826 shortland street

2/228 queen street

auckland

office  + 64 9 307 3435

cell       + 64 21 850 824

web     www.mcgovern.co.nz

blog     www.peoplepoints.co.nz

  • [Cc-nz] what you can do with a US$57 and a cell phone camera - start a social movement, Paul Reynolds, 10/16/2008