cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Logins and forum

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: strypes <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Logins and forum
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:47:50 +1200

Kia ora koutou

I hope you've all taken a wander through our fantastic new
creativecommons.org.nz site. This is a huge step forward in
functionality and content, and provides a good platform for the new
stages of the game:
- promoting license adoption
- gathering a community of CC users (creators and audiences) to share
their work and ideas

Much respect to Jane, CWA (our geek crew), and everyone else who put
time into building the infostructure and assembling the case studies.

Couple of suggestions on the usability of the site:
1) when I login it asks me for a 'username' when what I wants is
actually the email address I gave when I signed up. This may be
confusing to newbies :P Could the text for all login pages be changed to
say 'email address' instead of 'username'?
2) If we want people (other than me ;) to use the forum, I think it
needs to be prominent on the front page. Perhaps a box on the front page
with 3-5 latest postings (topics, not comments)? This would act as a
sort of communal blog, encouraging people to post useful and well
thought-out topics (so they can see their work on the front page of the
site for a while ;) and drawing visitors into the conversations that are
going on.

RnB
Strypey

--
“To use proprietary software is to invite the developer to put his boot
on your neck. It’s power that nobody should have.”

http://www.creativecommons.org.nz
http://www.indymedia.org.nz

  • [Cc-nz] Logins and forum, strypes, 08/23/2008