cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Stallman visit

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Paul Murrell <p.murrell AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Stallman visit
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:52:02 +1200

Hi

Paul Reynolds wrote:
> Auckland Uni is a good idea for something like the Business School - but
> the Auckland Museum has a brilliant new lecture Theatre .. plus social
> spaces ..

That might suit a general audience quite well, but I'm expecting a
reasonable response just from the university population so something on
campus makes sense for that. I think there would have to be reasonable
evidence of an off-campus audience to justify an off-campus site. But
that raises two other issues: (i) should the talk be during the day or
in the evening (uni audience would again be best served during the day,
but I'm thinking a more general audience would work better early
evening); (ii) if there is a large enough general-audience interest, it
might be possible to organise more than one talk.

Input welcome.

Paul

--
Dr Paul Murrell